Skip to main content

Featured

11/29/25 - Woods bounce-offs and parallels

After her strong interest to go into vs away from woods last class day, I asked Mary Ann to lay a track that parallels woods and does bounce-offs from woods. Mary Ann nailed the assignment (and shout out to Kelley who co-laid and was MVP for double lineups!). We ran the track at 1hr 15min old. Notes - what went well: Great start and 1st turn on the rails! Her article indications were really nice today.  I think our slowed down routine at articles is slowing her down and keeping energy / excitement from running wild. She feels more measured at restarts now. Turns - She was really clear to read on all with the exception of the last turn. In reviewing video, she gave a head turn at the final turn before going forward a little and then looking at woods.  Line work was good today - getting back up the line quickly + a behind the back line work on the final turn - felt like I supported her well when she committed.  She drank well before start and at articles Notes - To work on:...

Nov 3 - Nov 10 - Article Indications

Busy week with work travel M-W and tracking test Sat/Sun but we managed to get in some article indication practice each evening for a few min inside the house. I did the familiar / novel article pairing with a hand target touch followed by on the ground near me and then on the ground away similar to Judi's video. This has really helped her with starting to get used to new metal and plastic articles in my bag. We also did some leather squares too.

Each day the game got more drive and more focus. At one point, Daphne was trying to say goodnight to Evie and Evie would not break focus from me so I'd say it was a nice focused interaction :)

My criteria changed as follows: With novel metal articles at the beginning of the week, she was not fully sure if the rules applied to it and would walk over to it and then back to me - paid that investigation a few times. Then when I didn't pay the investigation, as she did a paw touch or nose touch, I would click and pay. After a few rounds of that, I would wait after the paw/nose touch and click/pay as she downed. She very quickly got to the downs and as the week progressed, the movement from ? to playing the game was much quicker. I'll try to take it to a different room next week.

Comments

Popular Posts