Ran a lunchtime track today with the goal of 2x 2-turn tracks with one turn on each track being the out and back dead-end from my assigned homework.
Location: Midlothian Village Park
Weather: 55*, partly cloudy, light breeze SE 3mph
Cover: short soccer field grass
Track Map:
Track 1 was run at ~40 min and Track 2 was run at ~35 min. On Track 1, I put the dead end on 2nd turn and on Track 2, I put it as the first turn.
Notes:
- The cam SD card was full apparently so videos didn't save 😠. She did really well so I was hoping to see the videos of how she worked the turns. New larger SD card on order
- I wasn't sure how she'd track today because she's been exercising less with Dad in a boot and when she got out of the car, she wasn't pulling like normal / mega excited and actually was walking with a loose leash (who dis?).
- Both starts were beautiful! She automatically downed at the start articles and seemed quite focused. Track 2 I came in at a 30* angle and she went forward then checked sides and caught the track nicely)
- Track 1: Nice pull and drive from the start. She checked out something about 10 ft to the left of the track and came right back. Nailed turn 1 (90* L). As we approached turn 2 (90* left with dead end), she took no bait and went down Leg 3 on rails (didn't even check forward). Ended at article (unbaited) and downed on her own. GOOD GIRL!
- Track 2: Auto-downed at start article and after checking around, found the first leg nicely. She took the bait to the dead end this time and looked around a bit. After not finding it forward, she checked back behind and caught Leg 2 when crossing it and took off. At Turn 2 (open R), she overshot it and checked out some scent coming down from a small embankment with a walking path but came back and took Leg 3 after she crossed it. Another auto-down at the unbaited article. Lots of partying and play.
- She then walked really really nicely loose leashed beside me (what!?!?) to collect our flags and was happy to head home.
Love what I saw today and really happy for a successful and fun track session for her <3
Next up: Hoping I can get an article track in on Saturday and a blind track with someone on Sunday.
Comments
Post a Comment